Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gallery


Today I attended a gallery entitled LA vs. WAR on the corner of 7th and Sante Fe. The art depicted anti-war graphic propaganda. Several images integrated letters with the image; however most used nonverbal concepts to express their opinion about the war. The intense feelings about the president, and the war seemed to pull powerful communications from the graphic designers. They manage to address a broad spectrum of social issues worrying Americas: oil, jobs, war, weapons, money, etc, and incorporated into conventional and visual codes already established in mass culture. I enjoyed attending the gallery because my opinion on the war pretty much coincides with the art on the walls, plus it was interesting to see the array of graphic design work.

2 comments:

B.Huitz said...

I heard alot of great and interesting stuff from the gallery. I would of loved to go, since I share the same political views toward the art that was displayed.

christinec said...

I love that poster, I want you to
impeach Bush. I want a t-shirt with that image on it!