Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Grid System

I never really appreciated the grid system only because I felt too restricted by it. Now I'm realizing that grids help to organize all the elements, and make work visually attractive. It also helps create oder, and order can be emphasis by hierarchy. Hierarchy can be achieve as simply as making the most important information bigger,(changing the type size) help a viewer realize what is more important.

2 comments:

N. Nguyen said...

When you have a grid system, that does not mean that you always have to follow it. Its always possible to break your grid, you just have to know when you can break it.

B.Huitz said...

Creating layouts are easier by using a grid system, it helps maintain consistency and creates a sense of rhythm throughout a design. I learned the hardway, that Grids are helpful in saving time on large projects.