Sunday, March 15, 2009

Steven Heller's

In class we had the pleasure of having Steven Heller give a presentation about his graphic design career. Steven Heller worked on Stargate, and he compiled a couple of logos for the WB like Supernatural. Hearing him say that some of his work had to be done in four hours was a shock because it is scary to know how creative and diligent a graphic designer has to be. And then he went on to discuss his logos, and the time limit given to him, which was about three hours. Last time I wrote that I had to design a logo for a class assignment and that took me about two weeks and even when it was due I was not completely satisfied with my work. However it was good to hear that even though none of his logo designs were used that he did not give up, and he continues to work as a graphic designer and a professor.

No comments: